Our Spanish Rice incorporates SmartRice, a type of rice with added nutrients and benefits, along with a delicious blend of spices and tomato sauce. The result is a savory and satisfying rice dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish.
- 2 cups of SmartRice
- ⅛ cup of vegetable oil
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- ½ tsp. of dried oregano
Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan and add rice. Stir frequently until rice is coated in oil and is toasted.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salt, garlic, chicken broth, pepper, cumin and dried oregano.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Let this simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Make sure there is no liquid left in the pan. If there is, replace the lid and continue cooking.
- Remove from heat and fluff the rice with a fork.