Gochujang Tofu & Rice is a delightful and flavor-packed dish that combines the goodness of hearty tofu, nutritious vegetables, and a tantalizing gochujang sauce. Our Asian-inspired recipe offers a satisfying balance of textures and tastes, making it a perfect option for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
- 1 broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup Brown Smart Rice, cooked
- 1 carrot, ribboned
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 green onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil, any oil works
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Cook your SmartRice according to directions.
- Press your tofu, cut/tear and toss with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out tofu. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Steam your broccoli and set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer.
- Combine your water and cornstarch then add to the sauce and mix until it thickens. Set aside.
- Toss your cooked tofu with the sauce.
- Plate your rice, tofu, broccoli, ribboned carrots, and toppings! Enjoy. :)