Our Arancini Rice Balls are crispy on the outside but have a yummy, cheesy center. These rice balls will make a perfect appetizer for any occasion, and no one can ever tell they’re gluten-free!
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 9 mini mozzarella balls
- 1 cup of gluten free italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. of parsley
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Cook SmartRice according to directions.
- In a large pot, heat enough vegetable oil to cover 4 inches of the pot.
- Once your rice is cooked, lightly mash it with a fork.
- Add 1 egg, salt, and parmesan to the mixture and combine with your hands.
- Take a portion of the mixture and form a ball around 1 mozzarella pearl. Complete this step until your mixture runs out.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining 2 eggs and dip in the arancini balls.
- In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Roll your balls in the breadcrumb mix. Shake off any excess.
- Once your oil is ready, add 2-3 arancini balls into the oil and fry them until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Remove the balls when ready and place on a paper towel to dry. Complete this step until all balls have been fried.
- Top your arancini balls with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Serve your arancini balls with a side of warmed up marinara sauce.