Whether you're a vegetarian craving bold flavors or an enthusiast of Mexican-inspired cuisine, our recipe promises to satisfy.
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. of chili powder
- 3 tbsp. of diced jalapenos (optional)
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of picante sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- 6-8 large soft tortilla shells
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add your pepper, onion, and garlic to the oil. Let this cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, picante sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes, and chili powder.
- Once mixed, let this simmer for 5-10 minutes. Or until the mixture is thickened.
- Stir in your cooked rice and 1 cup of cheese.
- Take your mixture and add one large scoop into the tortilla. Fold and place seam down on an oiled baking dish. Repeat this process until you are out of the mixture.
- Coat shells in more salsa and sprinkle on extra cheese.
- Cover in foil and bake for 25 minutes.